Your ideal body cannot always be achieved through diet and fitness alone. As hard as you may strive, some of those annoying bulges just won't budge. Don't give up hope, visit body contouring specialist Dr. Eric Mariotti. Women and men visit him for liposuction from Walnut Creek, Danville, and surrounding areas because it's an effective, lasting solution. Also referred to as "lipoplasty," "suction lipectomy" or "liposculpting," liposuction can help slim your figure. Dr. Mariotti's attractive results are rivaled only by his warm and caring bedside manner.
Before & After Photos
This patient had liposuction with Concord plastic surgeon Dr. Eric Mariotti. Liposuction is a favorite with our Danville and Walnut Creek patients who want to improve the appearance of their "trouble spots" wh... View Case
Shown is a woman before and after liposuction with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Eric Mariotti. He helps Danville, Walnut Creek, and Concord women and men who are at or near their targeted weight slim down th... View Case
This is a 64 year old lady who loved to ride horses. She came to Dr. Mariotti from Sacramento with the desire not necessarily to have a "perfect body", but rather, she just wanted to fit into her riding jeans nicely, without her lower belly or hips spilling out of the top of her jeans. She was thr... View Case
This patient is shown before and after liposuction in Concord with Dr. Eric Mariotti. Many women and men from Danville, Walnut Creek, and throughout the East Bay benefit from this body contouring procedure when they can't reduce specific areas of fat on their own. To learn more about liposuct... View Case
Liposuction procedures are safer and more effective than ever because of advances in both technology and technique during the past decade. In areas such as Walnut Creek, tumescent liposuction was formerly the only option. Although tumescent liposuction is effective, new procedures such as VASER® LipoSelection® may be a better option for some patients. For more information about LipoSelection and other forms of liposuction, please visit our Liposuction FAQ page.
Liposuction works best for people who have tried diet and exercise but cannot get rid of stubborn pockets of fat. This highly versatile procedure is used to enhance a number of areas, including:
- Abdomen and flanks: One of the most popular uses for liposuction is to get rid of "belly fat" and "love handles." Even someone with good overall muscle tone may struggle to have a flat stomach or flanks.
- Hips and thighs: Women are commonly concerned with these areas of stubborn fat. Heredity is one reason women who are otherwise thin may still have pockets of fat on the thighs and hips. Liposuction can help.
- Arms: For people with good skin elasticity, liposuction can contour the upper arms. It may be combined with an arm lift if a patient's skin is lax or there is excess skin, such as after weight loss.
- Upper back, including "bra rolls": Another common liposuction target is back fat that shows up in unattractive bulges when a woman wears a bra or bathing suit top. Men can also benefit from removing fat from the back.
- Neck and jawline: Younger men and women with poorly defined jawlines or excess fat under the chin can see great results with liposuction. Because the skin of people in their 20s, 30s, and even 40s often remains very elastic, liposuction can remove fat, and the skin will "bounce back" into place. You may also be a good candidate for KYBELLA®, a nonsurgical option sometimes called the "double chin injection." For patients with less elastic skin, a neck lift or other facial plastic surgery may be recommended along with liposuction.
Liposuction is not an alternative to weight loss and will not address loose or drooping skin. If you have both excess fat and skin, a tummy tuck may be a better option for you. Dr. Mariotti offers a variety of other body contouring procedures such as thigh and butt lifts and surgery after weight loss.
Dr. Mariotti offers much more than beautiful results - he'll ensure that you feel relaxed and cared for. Discover why people from around Walnut Creek trust him for their plastic surgery.
Liposuction is an outpatient procedure and can take as little as 30 minutes or as long as 2 to 3 hours. Surgery times vary depending on the area(s) treated. The procedure is performed under general anesthesia administered by our board-certified anesthesiologists.
In certain cases, Dr. Mariotti will use LipoSelection by VASER, and advanced technique that "melts" the fat with ultrasound energy before he removes it. The LipoSelection procedure often results in less bruising and swelling than conventional liposuction.
After the surgery, you will be taken to a recovery room to be monitored and cared for while your medication wears off. Once we know you are safe, we will discharge you with a friend or loved one to drive you home.
Showing off Your New Look
After the procedure, liposuction patients will be fitted with a compressive Lycra® garment to reduce post-operative swelling. You can expect some minimal discomfort, which you can control easily with oral pain medication. Dr. Mariotti will have you fill your prescription prior to your procedure to prevent logistical concerns after your surgery.
Every patient heals differently, but you can expect to be up and around the house in 1 to 2 days, and ready to resume normal activities in 7 to 10 days. Realistically, it takes about 2 weeks for most of the swelling to subside and an additional 6 to 8 weeks for the swelling to disappear completely. All this aside, you will see visible improvement shortly after surgery and, after all swelling has subsided, you will blossom into your new trim self.